Imagine you are a tribe on an island slowly freezing over. The supply ships stop coming, and the only means to survival is intermarriage to discover the survival secrets of the other cultures: Tunit, Vikings, Inuit, Sea Sami.
In Greenland you get to play through a momentous period of human history. You play as one of the peoples who attempted to colonize Greenland during the Middle Ages. This version of Greenland also includes the little-known Sea Sami expansion pack.
Compared with the 2nd edition, this introduces a 4th player (Sea Sami), custom meeples for each tribe, new domestic animals and daughters, upgraded art, new play aids. Contains 63 cards, 4 elder boards, 72 custom meeples, 4 large meeples, 52 disks for energy, ivory, and iron, 10 dice.
Designed by Phil Eklund, the designer of High Frontier and Pax Porfiriana. Art by Karim Chakroun
Number of players: 1-4
- 1 Box
- 1 Rulebook
- 72 Tribesmen (18 of each player color: red, yellow, green, blue)
- 4 Large Tribesmen (one of each player color).
- 28 Orange Disks.
- 12 White Disks.
- 12 Black Disks.
- 10 Six-sided dice (10d6).
- 63 cards (17 event cards, 15 North Greenland biomes, 16 South Greenland biomes, 2 New World cards, 10 daughter cards, and 3 domestic animal cards)
- 4 Placards.
- 1 Player Aid.
- 1 Achievement Sheet.
- 1 Arrowhead current/first player marker.
- 1 Punchout Sheet (49 chits)
1 Reroll Placard.