Start as a plant or animal making first landfall half a billion years ago, then evolve it on drifting continents in the face of competition and huge ecological events. You win if you become the dominant lifeform.
In the full game you can grow from 200 grams to 20 tonnes. The atmosphere is tracked for oxygen, cloud cover, and greenhouse gases, and the decisions the players make influence the climate.
Bios Megafauna comes with 8 "continents" that can drift around, 160 mutation cards, 140 wooden laser-cut creeples of flying, burrowing, swimming, and armored creatures, various tokens of fossils and monsters, 110 wooden cubes, 42 climate disks, and 20 dice (mainly to track creature size). For the full game, there are 3 latitude strips and a climate board that tracks oxygen, clouds, and greenhouse gases. This is the second game of the "Bios" trilogy, which can be played together or separately.
Number of players: 1-4
- 1 Box. (320mm X 158mm X 60mm)
- 1 Rule Book (300mm x 150mm), 36 pages.
- 160 Cards 57 X 87mm (92 Mutation cards, 51 Event cards, 4 Archetypecards, 4 Newborn Cards, 4 tool cards, 1 era card, 1 Medea card, 3 Player Aid cards)
- 8 Placards (4 Craton punchboards, 297 X 150mm. 8 Craton Placards)
- 1 Latitude Strip punchboard 297 X 150mm. 3 Latitude Strips 280 x 42mm.
- 1 Reservoir placard 297 X 150mm, double-sided.
- 16 Fossil Tokens.
- 16 Monster Tiles.
- 140 Wooden Creeples 18 x 10mm (28 of each shape with 7 of each color: Archetype, Armored, Swimmer, Flyer, Burrower)
- 110 Wooden Cubes 8mm (100 Organ cubes: 25 each of yellow, red, green, blue + 10 Organ cubes white)
- 42 Disks 15mm (12 black disks, 12 white disks, 18 green disks)
- 24 six-sided Dice (d6) 12mm. (5 green, 5 orange, 5 black, 5 white, 4 brown)
10 Zip bags (100 X 120mm)